IFSB - INCEIF Executive Forum for Islamic Finance to Discuss Competitiveness and Resilience of the Takāful Industry
Date posted: 30 October 2013
30 October 2013, Kuala Lumpur – The Islamic Financial Services Board (IFSB) and the International Centre for Education in Islamic Finance (INCEIF), The Global University of Islamic Finance are pleased to announce the line-up of speakers for the Executive Forum on Islamic Finance, themed, “Building a Competitive and Resilient Islamic Insurance (Takāful) Industry,” on 13 – 14 November 2013 at Sasana Kijang, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Among confirmed speakers who will facilitate the Executive Forum are:
- Anita Menon, Chief Risk Office, Prudential BSN Takaful Berhad, Malaysia
- Dr. Delil Khairat, Head of Underwriting at ACR Retakaful, Malaysia
- Ezamshah Ismail, Takaful and Wealth Planning Department, INCEIF, Malaysia
- Prof. Dato’ Dr. Kamaruddin Sharif, Head of Takaful and Wealth Planning Department, INCEIF, Malaysia
- Lotfi S. Zairi, Acting Director, Risk Management Department, Islamic Corporation for Insurance of Investments and Export Credits (ICIEC), IDB Group, Saudi Arabia
- Wan Saifulrizal Wan Ismail, Associate Director, Tower Watson
This third edition of the IFSB-INCEIF Executive Forum will address major areas of concern for Islamic Insurance (Takāful) companies in light of the changing global regulatory landscape as well as contribute to the building of adequate risk management framework and infrastructures for enhancing overall competitiveness of Islamic Insurance (Takāful). The Forum also aims to highlight the impact of the changing global financial infrastructure in risk management practices, and how regulators of the Islamic Insurance (Takāful) industry should react to anticipate the changing landscape of the industry.
The agenda of the Executive Forum include:
- Insights to Effective Strategic Management to Face Business Challenges in the Takāful Industry
- Going Beyond Sharī`ah Compliance: A Holistic Approach to Designing New Takāful Model and Product Development
- Emerging Issues in Corporate and Sharī`ah Governance of Takāful Operators
- Overcoming Underwriting and Pricing issues in Takāful Industry
- Enterprise-Risk Management Framework for Takāful Operators
- Managing Takāful Distribution and Marketing
- Solvency Requirements for Takāful Operators & Quantitative Solvency Requirements
- Issues, Challenges and Opportunities for Re-Takāful
Chief Executive Officers and other C-Level Executives as well as senior management of Takāful/Re-Takāful companies, officials leading the Sharī`ah governance and compliance functions, regulators and supervisors of Takāful/Re-Takāful companies, auditors, lawyers, academics and researchers are encouraged to participate in this Executive Forum.
For further information and to register, do visit www.ifsb.org. Please contact Mrs. Azizakhon Yarlaeva at firstname.lastname@example.org for queries on the Executive Forum series.
Back to top