The Council of the IFSB admits new members
Date posted: 17 September 2009
Kuala Lumpur, September 17, 2009 - The Islamic Financial Services Board (IFSB) admits eight new organisations into its membership. The Council of the IFSB, under the chairmanship of H.E. Dr. Muhammad Sulaiman Al-Jasser, Governor of the Saudi Arabian Monetary Agency, approved the admission of eight new organisations to the IFSB membership (two associate members, six observer members) and the upgrade of a member from associate to full.
The new and upgraded members are:
- Bank of Mauritius was upgraded from an Associate to a Full Member, which entitles it to the membership of the Council of the IFSB.
Regulatory and supervisory authorities:
- Da Afghanistan Bank, Afghanistan - Observer Member
- Financial Services Commission, Mauritius - Associate Member
- Khartoum Stock Exchange, Sudan - Associate Member
- The Hong Kong Association of Banks - Observer Member
Financial institutions and professional firms:
- Islamic International Arab Bank, Jordan - Observer Member
- KMC Management and Consulting Ltd, Azerbaijan - Observer Member
- Liquidity Management House, Kuwait - Observer Member
- Mawarid Finance (PJSC), United Arab Emirates - Observer Member
The full list of the members of the IFSB can be seen on www.ifsb.org. Their roles and responsibilities (by category) are detailed in the IFSB Articles of Agreement which is downloadable from the website.
Back to top