The IFSB Council Appoints Executive Committee Members for the term 2022-2024
Date posted: 15 December 2022
15 December 2022, Islamabad, PAKISTAN - The Islamic Financial Services Board (IFSB) Council in its 41st meeting today resolved to approve the appointment of a new Executive Committee Members for a two-year term from December 2022 to December 2024.
The main responsibility of the IFSB Executive Committee is to advise and to make recommendations to the Council on business strategies, as well as administrative and operational matters of the IFSB.
As per the IFSB Articles of Agreement (amended November 2018), the Executive Committee shall consist of at least five (5) members of the IFSB Council including the Chairman of the Committee. The new appointments of the IFSB Executive Committee will take immediate effect on 15 December 2022.
The Members of the Executive Committee are as follows:
- H.E. Dr. Sami AlSuwailem, Acting Director-General of IsDB Institute and IsDB Group Chief Economist, Islamic Development Bank
- H.E. Abu Farrah Md. Nasser, Deputy Governor, Bangladesh Bank
- Mr. Mardini Eddie, Assistant Managing Director (Monetary Operations), Brunei Darussalam Central Bank
- H.E. Dr. Perry Warjiyo, Governor, Bank Indonesia
- H.E. Dr. Ammar Hamad Khalaf, Acting Deputy Governor, Central Bank of Iraq
- Mr. Husein Kofahy, Executive Manager, Banking Supervision Dept., Central Bank of Jordan
- H.E. Harvesh Seegolam , Governor, Bank of Mauritius
- H.E. Shaikh Abdul Rasheed bin Abdul Ghaffour, Deputy Governor, Bank Negara Malaysia
- H.E. Aishah Ndanusa Ahmad, Deputy Governor, Central Bank of Nigeria
- Mr. Malik Abdulla Said Al Mahrooqi, Advisor to the Executive President, Central Bank of Oman
- Mr. Syed Samar Husnain, Executive Director of State Bank of Pakistan
- H.E. Dr. Fahad Alshathri, Deputy Governor, Saudi Central Bank
- H.E. Salaheldin Sheikh Khidir Bakhit, Deputy Governor, Central Bank of Sudan
- H.E. Dr. Yakup Asarkaya, Second Chairman, Banking Regulation and Supervision Agency
- H.E. Ebrahim Al Zaabi, Assistant Governor, Monetary Policy and Financial Stability, Central Bank of the United Arab Emirates
The 41st meeting of the IFSB Council hosted by State Bank of Pakistan was held on 15 December 2022. The Council meeting chaired by H.E. Jameel Ahmad, Governor of State Bank of Pakistan and Chairman of the IFSB for 2022, attended by the Central Bank Governors, Deputy Governors, Heads of regulatory and supervisory authorities, senior representatives from among the Council and Full members of the IFSB, representing 19 countries and Islamic Development Bank.
Back to top