The 2nd IFSB CEO’s Forum to witnesses the Launch of the Islamic Financial Services Industry Stability Report 2021
Date posted: 16 August 2021
16 August 2021, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia – The IFSB is pleased to announce that its second virtual CEO’s Forum, themed, “Islamic Finance and Recovery Initiatives Post COVID-19”, will be organised via online platform on 18 August 2021 at 15:30 (MYT).
The Forum will witness the launch of the ninth edition of the IFSB annual Islamic Financial Services Stability Report 2021, highlighting important developments in the growth, stability and other aspects of the Islamic financial services industry (IFSI).
The Forum aims to cover the following main aspects:
- To discuss the recovery initiatives within the Global Islamic Financial Services Industry
- To discuss the limitation for IFSI and identify specific risk factors that might arise in relation to specificities of Islamic Finance
- To provide a better understanding on the challenges faced by the industry, particularly related to Cybersecurity Risk due to accelerated digitalisation and liquidity risk management
The Keynote address will be delivered by H.E. Dr. Fahad Ibrahim AlShathri – Deputy Governor for Supervision, Saudi Central Bank and Chairman of the IFSB Technical Committee.
Speakers who have confirmed their participations are:
- Dr. Bello Lawal Danbatta, Secretary-General, IFSB
- Dr. Aamir A. Rahman, Senior Advisor on Islamic Finance, United Nation Development Programme
- Ijlal Ahmad Alvi, Chief Executive Officer, International Islamic Financial Market
- Khalid Al Kayed, Chief Executive Officer, Bank Nizwa, Oman
- Mohamed Azmeer, Chief Executive Officer, Amana Bank, Sri Lanka
- Mohammed Imad Ali, Chief Executive Officer, Citi Islamic Investment Bank E.C, Bahrain
- Nor Rejina Abdul Rahim, Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director, Nomura Asset Management, Malaysia
- Shina Akeem Oyewale, Chief Executive Officer, Marble Capital Limited, Nigeria
- Dr. Umar Aimhanosi Oseni, Chief Executive Officer, International Islamic Liquidity Management Corporation
- Dr. Yahia Abdul Rahman, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, American Finance House LARIBA, United States
Regulatory and supervisory authorities and industry players from among IFSB members and non-members are invited to witness the launch of the IFSB’s IFSI Stability Report 2021 and also participate in the online Forum. Interested participants are invited to register at click here. Please contact Mr. Ahmed Barakat (email@example.com) for further information.
Back to top