The IFSB to Organise Its First CEO’s Forum on Covid-19 and Its Implications on Institutions offering Islamic Financial Services (IIFS)
Date posted: 19 August 2020
19 August 2020, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia – The IFSB is pleased to announce that its first virtual CEO’s Forum, themed, “COVID-19 and its Implications on Institutions offering Islamic Financial Services (IIFS)”, will be organised on 26 August 2020, 15:30 - 18:00 (Kuala Lumpur time).
The forum aims to bring together industry leaders across the globe from different sectors to discuss their experiences, challenges and the opportunities created by the COVID-19 pandemic as well as actions needed to strengthen the resilience of the IFSI and the key ways forward post-COVID-19. This High-level Forum is organised to facilitate knowledge-sharing between regulators, market players and other key stakeholders in the industry as part of the IFSB’s initiatives to provide guidance to the global Islamic financial services industry on the relevant and effective measures needed to mitigate the impact of the pandemic in order to sustain the resilience and stability of the industry.
The main objectives of this CEO’s Forum are:
- To discuss the impact of COVID-19 on the global economy and its implications for the IFSI
- To share experiences and identify specific issues and challenges for IIFS
- To discuss solutions and policy actions needed to address such challenges
- To identify and discuss the new opportunities for the IFSI and the way forward for IIFS in the post-COVID-19 environment
Speakers who have confirmed their participations are:
- Dr. Bello Lawal Danbatta, Secretary-General, IFSB
- Ayman Sejiny – Chief Executive Officer, Islamic Corporation for the Development of the Private Sector (ICD), Saudi Arabia
- Bashar Al Natoor, Global Head Islamic Finance, Fitch Ratings
- Datuk Chung Chee Leong, President & CEO, Cagamas Berhad, Malaysia
- Hamad Abdallah Al-Oqab, Chief Executive Officer, Al Baraka Islamic Bank BSC, Bahrain
- Hajara Adeola – Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer, Lotus Capital, Nigeria
- Hassan Usman, Managing Director/CEO, Jaiz Bank PLC, Nigeria
- Henk Hoogendoom, Managing Director, Qatar Financial Centre Authority
- Jens Reisch, President Director, Prudential Indonesia.
- Joann Enriquez, Chief Executive Officer, IAP Integrated Sdn Bhd, Malaysia
- Professor Dato' Dr Mohd Azmi Omar, President and CEO of the International Centre for Education in Islamic Finance (INCEIF)
- Prof. Dr. Mohamad Akram Laldin, Executive Director, International Shari'ah Research Academy for Islamic Finance (ISRA), Malaysia
- Nitish Bhojnagarwala – Vice President, Financial Institutions Group, Moody's Investors Service Limited
- Omar Mustafa Ansari – Secretary General, The Accounting and Auditing Organisation for Islamic Financial Institutions (AAOIFI)
- Simon Gray - Division Chief, International Monetary Fund
IFSB members from regulatory and supervisory authorities, market players and all other industry stakeholders are invited to participate in this free online Forum. More information about this Forum is available on the IFSB website.
Interested participants can register at www.ifsb.org. Please contact Mr. Ahmed Barakat (firstname.lastname@example.org) for queries on this Forum.
Back to top