The IFSB Organises Workshop on Islamic Capital Market in Malaysia
Date posted: 8 October 2019
8 October 2019, Kuala Lumpur - The Islamic Financial Services Board (IFSB) is organizing a Facilitating the Implementation of the IFSB Standards (FIS) Workshop in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia on 29-31 October 2019. This workshop is tailored for the regulatory and supervisory authorities for the Islamic Capital Market sector.
The 3-day Workshop will focus on the following IFSB Standards:
- Introduction to Islamic Capital Market
- IFSB-6: Guiding Principles on Governance for Islamic Collective Investment Schemes (ICIS);
- IFSB-10: Guiding Principles on Shari’ah Governance Systems for IIFS;
- IFSB-19: Guiding Principles on Disclosure Requirements for Islamic Capital Market Products (Sukuk and Islamic Collective Investment Schemes); and
- IFSB-21: Core Principles for Islamic Finance Regulation (ICM Segment)
Overall, the Workshop aims to:
- Enhance the participants’ understanding of the respective Standards and Guiding Principles thereby facilitating the implementation of these standards in their respective jurisdictions;
- Assist the participants in the practical application of issues addressed in the particular standards through case studies, hands-on exercises and other interactive tools; and
- Promote the sharing of experiences among the participants on the implementation of respective IFSB Standards and Guiding Principles.
The FIS Workshops are a part of the IFSB’s support to its members based on the Strategic Key Result Area 2 (SKRA 2) on the Facilitating the Implementation of Prudential Standards and Capacity Development under the IFSB’s Strategic Performance Plan (SPP) 2019-2021”, to assist member organisations in adopting and implementing the IFSB Standards.
For enquires on IFSB workshops and membership services, please contact the IFSB Secretariat at email@example.com.
For registration, https://www.ifsb.org/register_online.php?act=addnew&e_id=406.
Back to top