The IFSB Council Appoints Executive Committee Members
Date posted: 6 December 2018
6 December 2018, Jeddah, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia – The Islamic Financial Services Board (IFSB) in its 33rd meeting today resolved to approve the appointment of a new Executive Committee Members for a two-year term from December 2018 to December 2020.
The main responsibility of the IFSB Executive Committee is advising and making recommendations to the Council on business strategies, administrative matters and operations of the IFSB.
As per the IFSB Articles of Agreement (amended November 2018), the Executive Committee shall consist of at least five members of the IFSB Council including the Chairman of the Committee. The new appointments of the IFSB Executive Committee takes effect on 6 December 2018.
H.E. Dr. Perry Warjiyo, the Governor of Bank Indonesia, was appointed as the Chairman of the Executive Committee while H.E. Shaikh Abdul Rasheed bin Abdul Ghaffour, the Deputy Governor of Bank Negara Malaysia was appointed as its Deputy Chairman. The other members of the Executive Committee are as follows:
- H.E. Dr. Mundher A.Q. Alshaikli, Deputy Governor of the Central Bank of Iraq
- H.E. Aishah Ndanusa Ahmad, Deputy Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria
- H.E. Turki AlMutairi, Deputy Governor of the Saudi Arabian Monetary Authority
- H.E. Hussein Yahya Jangoul, First Deputy Governor of the Central Bank of Sudan
- H.E. Dr. Yakup Asarkaya, Second Chairman of Banking Regulation and Supervision Agency of the Republic of Turkey
- Mr. Md. Abdur Rahim, Executive Director of Bangladesh Bank
- Mr. Syed Samar Husnain, Executive Director of State Bank of Pakistan
The 33rd meeting of the IFSB Council, hosted by the Islamic Development Bank Group (IsDB), was held on 6 December 2018 in Jeddah, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The Council Meeting was chaired by H.E. Dr. Mohammad Y. Al Hashel, the Governor of the Central Bank of Kuwait and Chairman of the IFSB for 2018, attended by the President of the IsDB, H.E. Dr. Bandar Mohammed Hajjar, 12 central bank Governors and Commissioners of regulatory and supervisory authorities, and 10 senior representatives from among the Council and Full members of the IFSB, representing 19 countries.
Back to top