IFSB-IILM-IIFM Partner to Jointly Organise a High-Level Seminar on Islamic Capital Markets
Date posted: 16 October 2018
Kuala Lumpur, 16 October 2018 – The Islamic Financial Services Board (IFSB), in collaboration with the International Islamic Liquidity Management Corporation (IILM) and the International Islamic Financial Market (IIFM), is organising a High-Level Seminar on Islamic Capital Markets (ICM) with the theme, “Fostering Economic Development and Strengthening Financial Sector Resilience: The Role of Islamic Capital Market Instruments” on 13 November 2018 in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
The one-day ‘Seminar on Islamic Capital Markets’ which is hosted by the Abu Dhabi Global Market (ADGM) aims to engage participants with discussions on modern ICM instruments beyond traditional products and their use and role in supporting various developmental and economic/financial aspirations of a jurisdiction. The participants will also benefit through cross-generation of ideas amongst the seminar audience to identify new innovations in ICM to further streamline its adoption, while discussing practical measures to address any existing limitations restricting the widespread use and implementation of ICM instruments. Market players and service providers will also gain insights into the operational, Sharīʻah and regulatory considerations for offering ICM products and services.
The Seminar will cover the following topics:
- Ṣūkuk – Have We Realised Its True Potential?
- Supporting New Liquidity Regulations – The Role of ICM Instruments
- The Optimal Balance: Products Innovation, Sharīʻah Requirements, Consumer Protection and Other Regulatory Considerations
Chairpersons and speakers who will participate in this Seminar include:
- Dr. Bello Lawal Danbatta, Secretary-General, IFSB
- Mr. Zainal Izlan Zainal Abidin, Deputy Chief Executive, Securities Commission Malaysia
- Mr. Ijlal A. Alvi, Chief Executive Officer, IIFM, Bahrain
- Dr. Umar Oseni, Acting Chief Executive Officer, IILM
- Mr. Nitish Bhojnagarwala, Vice President/Senior Credit Officer - Moody's Investors Service, United Arab Emirates
- Dr. Mohamed Damak, Senior Director & Global Head of IF - S&P Global Ratings, United Arab Emirates
- Mr. Ismail Dadabhoy, Advisor, IIFM, Bahrain
Regulatory and supervisory authorities involved in development and supervision of ICM and market players which are offering ICM products and services, as well as academicians and other interested stakeholders are encouraged to participate in this Seminar. Interested participants may register online at: https://www.ifsb.org/event_detail.php?e_id=350. Participation in this Seminar is free.
For more information of the Seminar and to register, please visit www.ifsb.org or contact Mrs. Ida Shafinaz Ab. Malek at email@example.com.
Back to top