The IFSB's High-Level Executive Forum on Islamic Finance Speakers Line-up Announced
Date posted: 8 October 2018
8 October 2018, Kuala Lumpur – The Islamic Financial Services Board’s (IFSB) first standalone high-level Executive Forum on Islamic Finance, themed, “Effective Risk Management Oversight and Governance of Islamic Banks” will offer discourse in risk oversight and governance issues for effective risk management of Islamic banks from the standpoint of the IFSB by using the relevant IFSB standards as guidelines. This high-level Executive Forum will be held from 29 to 30 October 2018 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
The Forum will focus on issues relevant to the Board of Directors, Risk Committee and senior management of Islamic banks in relation to risk management and governance oversight functions.
The Secretary-General of the IFSB, Dr. Bello Lawal Danbatta in his statement mentioned, “I am pleased to share that this is the first time the IFSB is organising a solo high-level Executive Forum series. This first edition is tailored for the senior management and Board of Directors of Islamic banks from IFSB member and non-member jurisdictions, which aim to provide a forum for industry practitioners and experts to discuss the pertinent risk governance issues faced by Islamic banks and build their understanding of the relevant Standards issued by the IFSB, as well as to network and share industry experiences. We have a line-up of speakers who will be sharing their experience and insights on the topic during the two-day discussion.”
Confirmed speakers for this high-level IFSB Executive Forum on Islamic Finance are:
- Prof. Dato' Dr. Azmi Omar, President & Chief Executive Officer, International Centre for Education in Islamic Finance (INCEIF)
- Dato’ Badlisyah Abdul Ghani, President, The Chartered Institute of Islamic Finance Professionals (CIIF)
- Prof. Dr. Mohamad Akram Laldin, Executive Director, ISRA
- Nor Shahrizan Sulaiman, Deputy Head, Group Islamic Banking, Deputy CEO Maybank Islamic Berhad
- Nik Shahrizal Sulaiman, Assurance Partner, Risk Assurance Services, PwC Malaysia
- Simon Chen, CFA, Vice President and Senior Analyst, Moodys’ Investors Service
The two-day Forum will discuss the topics:
- Risk governance of Islamic banks and regulatory compliance
- Case studies on oversight of operational, Sharīʿah-compliance and legal risks: Issues and challenges
- Risk governance and oversight: Role of the Board and Risk Committee
- Case studies on oversight of financial risk management: Credit, market, liquidity and equity risks of Islamic banks
- Role of transparency and disclosure in effective risk governance
- The next phase in risk management and governance for Islamic banks
Interested participants in this high-level IFSB Executive Forum on Islamic Finance: “Effective Risk Management Oversight and Governance of Islamic Banks” are invited to register at www.ifsb.org. Please contact Mrs. Ida Shafinaz Ab. Malek (email@example.com) for further information.
Back to top