The IFSB Council Appoints New Technical Committee of the IFSB
Date posted: 3 May 2018
Kuwait City, 3 May 2018 – The Council of the Islamic Financial Services Board (IFSB) today resolved to approve the appointment of a new Technical Committee of the IFSB for a three-year term May 2018 – April 2021. The IFSB Technical Committee is the body responsible for advising and making recommendations to the Council on technical issues, including presenting draft prudential and supervisory standards and guidance, reviewing the findings and progress of the IFSB working groups and standards implementation initiatives as well as approving IFSB research papers. As per IFSB Articles of Agreement, the Technical Committee shall consist of up to thirty persons representing the Full Members of the IFSB. The new appointments of the IFSB Technical Committee take effect on 3 May 2018.
Mr. Khalid Omar Al-Kharji, Chief Manager, Banking Supervision Department from the Central Bank of the UAE was also appointed as the Chairman of the Technical Committee and Mr. Waleed M. AlAwadhi, Executive Director of Supervision Department from the Central Bank of Kuwait has been appointed Deputy Chairman of the Technical Committee for 18 months, after which they will swap their positions for remaining term of the Technical Committee.
The list of Technical Committee members is as follows:
- Islamic Development Bank: Dr. Gaffar A. Khalid, Islamic Finance Advisory and Technical Assistance Division
- Central Bank of Bahrain: Mrs. Shireen Al Sayed, Head, Regulatory Policy Unit
- Bangladesh Bank: Mr. Abu Farah Md. Nasser, General Manager, Banking Regulation and Policy Department
- Autoriti Monetari Brunei Darussalam: Ms. Rafezah Abd Rahman, Assistant Executive Director, Takaful/Insurance Unit
- Central Bank of Egypt: Mr. Mohamed Aboumoussa, Sub Governor, Banking Supervision Sector
- Bank Indonesia: Dr. Jardine A. Husman, Assistant Director, Reseach and Assessment Division, Department of Islamic Economic and Finance
- Indonesia Financial Services Authority (Otoritas Jasa Keuangan): Mr. Ahmad Soekro Tratmono, Executive Director, Islamic Banking Department
- Securities and Exchange Organization, Iran: Dr. Jafar Jamali, Board Member and Deputy for Legal Affairs and Chairman's Consultant
- Central Bank of Iraq: Prof. Dr Mahmood Dagher, Director, Financial Operations and Debt Management
- Central Bank of Jordan: Mr. Arafat Alfayoumi, Executive Director, Banks Supervision Department
- Astana Financial Services Authority: Mr. Alibek Nurbekov, Director, Islamic Finance Department
- Bank Al-Maghrib: Mr. Mohamed Triqui, Head, Participation Banking Department
- Bank Negara Malaysia: Mr. Mohd Zabidi Md Nor, Director, Islamic Banking and Takaful Department
- Securities Commission Malaysia: Mr. Zainal Izlan Zainal Abidin, Deputy Chief Executive
- Central Bank of Nigeria: Mr. Muhammad Wada Mu'azu Lere, Deputy Director and Head Non-Interest Banking Unit/FRACE
- State Bank of Pakistan: Mr. Ghulam Muhammad Abbasi, Director, Islamic Banking Department
- Qatar Central Bank: Mr. Hisham Saleh Al-Mannai, Executive Director, Supervison & Control of Financial Institutions Sector
- Saudi Arabian Monetary Authority: Dr. Sultan Alharbi, Financial Economic Specialist
- Capital Market Authority, Saudi Arabia: Mr. Mohammed Hamad Al-Madhi, Manager, Offering, Merger & Acquisition Department
- Central Bank of Sudan: Mrs. Somia Amir Osman Ibrahim, General Manager, Banking Regulation and Development Department
- Banking Regulation and Supervision Agency, Republic of Turkey: Mr. Ömer Çekin, Head, Participation Banking Department
- Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey: Mr. Yavuz Yeter, Executive Director, Banking and Financial Institutions Department
- Capital Market Board of Turkey: Mrs. Ilic Basak Sahin, Senior Expert, Corporate Finance Department
The 32nd meeting of the IFSB Council, hosted by the Central Bank of Kuwait was held on 3 May 2018 in Kuwait City. It was attended by 19 Governors and Deputy Governors of regulatory and supervisory authorities, and 8 senior representatives from among the Council and Full Members of the IFSB, representing 17 countries and the Islamic Development Bank. The meeting was chaired by H.E. Dr. Mohammad Y. Al-Hashel, Governor of the Central Bank of Kuwait, and IFSB Chairman 2018.
The 32nd Meeting of the IFSB Council was followed by the 16th IFSB General Assembly.
Back to top