Top Level Experts to speak at the CBK-IFSB Conference on Islamic Finance: A Universal Value Proposition
Date posted: 17 April 2018
Kuala Lumpur, 17 April 2018 - The Central Bank of Kuwait (CBK) and the Islamic Financial Services Board (IFSB) are pleased to announce the top-level speakers who will participate at the upcoming CBK-IFSB Islamic Finance Conference on May 2, in Kuwait City.
Over 20 speakers have confirmed their participation in the conference, including 4 central bank governors and deputies, and 5 CEOs of Islamic banks. Senior executives from international bodies including the World Bank, Basel Committee on Banking Supervision, the IFSB, International Islamic Liquidity Management Corporation, etc., will be speaking in the conference alongside leading Sharia scholars, representatives of FinTech firms, ratings agencies and other industry stakeholders.
H.E. Dr. Mohammad Y. Al-Hashel, Chairman, IFSB and Governor, CBK will deliver the keynote address for this year’s conference.
The event will feature the following high profile speakers:
- H.E. Dr. Ahmed Abdulkarim Alkholifey, Governor, Saudi Arabian Monetary Authority
- H.E. Mubarak Rashed Al Mansoori, Governor, Central Bank of UAE
- H.E. Rasheed Mohammed Al Maraj, Governor, Central Bank of Bahrain
- Dr. Wimboh Santoso, Chairman of the Board of Commissioners, Financial Services Authority, Indonesia
- Dr. Mahmoud Mohieldin, Senior Vice President, The World Bank Group
- Dr. Bello Lawal Danbatta, Secretary-General, Islamic Financial Services Board (IFSB)
- Mr. Abdul Rasheed Ghaffour, Deputy Governor, Bank Negara Malaysia
- Mr. Abdoul Aziz Ba, Acting CEO, International Islamic Liquidity Management Corporation (IILM)
- Mr. Peter Kruschel, Director, The Federal Financial Supervisory Authority (BaFin), Germany
- Mr. Noel Reynolds, Member of the Secretariat, Basel Committee on Banking Supervision (BCBS), Bank for International Settlements
- Mr. Anwar Jawad Bukhamseen, Board Member, Kuwait International Bank, Kuwait
- Mr. Hamad Abdulmohsen Al-Marzouq, Chairman, Kuwait Finance House, Kuwait
- Mr. Adel Al-Majed, Vice Chairman and CEO, Boubyan Bank, Kuwait
- Mr. Mazin Saad Al-Nahedh, CEO, Kuwait Finance House, Kuwait
- Mr. Abdul Aziz Al Ghurair, CEO, Mashreq Group, UAE
- Mr. Mohamed Rafe Mohamed Haneef, CEO, CIMB Islamic Bank, Malaysia
- Mr. Abdulmohsen Bin Abdulaziz Al-Fares, Managing Director & CEO, Alinma Bank, Saudi Arabia
- Dr. Mohamed Damak, Senior Director & Global Head of Islamic Finance, Standard & Poor's, UAE
- Mr. Dilip Rao, Global Head of Infrastructure Innovation, Ripple, USA
- Prof. Dr. Abdul Aziz Khalifa Al Qassar, Shariah Scholar, Kuwait
H.E. Dr. Mohammad Y. Al-Hashel said: “The CBK is very pleased with the response that we have received from speakers for this event. We have confirmed participation from central bank governors and high-level executives from around the world. This demonstrates the keen interest of various stakeholders in coming together to address the key issues facing the Islamic finance industry. We hope that the discussions that take place during this conference will go a long way in addressing many of the challenges facing the industry.”
The conference will be held on the 2nd of May 2018 at the Four Seasons Hotel, Kuwait City, Kuwait, in conjunction with the IFSB Annual Meetings 2018, hosted by the CBK from May 1-3, 2018.
Alongside the conference, CBK is also hosting the IFSB Public Lecture, Members and Industry Engagement Session, the IFSB Council and General Assembly Meetings during the 3 days. Please visit the IFSB website (www.ifsb.org) or the conference website www.cbk-ifsb2018.com for more information and participation details.
Back to top