About the Workshop
This 2-days Capacity Building for Market Players (CBM) Workshop is tailored for Bank Indonesia will discuss the following IFSB Standards:
- GN-6 : Guidance Note on Quantitative Measures for Liquidity Risk Management
- IFSB-10: Guiding Principles on Sharī`ah Governance Systems for IIFS
As a background, GN-6: Quantitative Measures for Liquidity Risk Management Guidance Note complements IFSB-12, and supports the harmonised application of the international regulatory regime in the area of liquidity risk management. This is achieved by providing guidance on the application of global liquidity standards for the IIFS, especially the Liquidity Coverage ratio (LCR) and Net Stable Funding Ratio (NSFR) at the current stage, with suitable adjustments based on the specific operational characteristics. Moreover, it provides guidance to supervisory authorities on the application of the LCR and NSFR in their jurisdictions, including application of the alternative liquidity approaches (ALA).
IFSB-10: Guiding Principles on Sharī`ah Governance Systems includes the components of a sound Sharī`ah governance system especially with regards to the competence, independence, confidentiality and consistency of the Sharī`ah boards.
Overall, this Workshop aims to:
1. Enhance the participants’ understanding of the respective Standards and Guiding Principles thereby facilitating the implementation of these standards in their respective jurisdictions;
2. Assist the participants in the practical application of issues addressed in the particular standards through case studies, hands-on exercises and other interactive tools; and
3. Promote the sharing of experiences among the participants on the implementation of respective IFSB Standards and Guiding Principles.