The Summit started with a Keynote Address (via live video) by The Right Honourable Karim Massimov, the Prime Minister of the Republic of Kazakhstan at the Opening Session of the 12th IFSB Summit.
The host, H.E. Kairat Kelimbetov, Governor of the National Bank of Kazakhstan has gracefully launched the Islamic Financial Services Industry Stability Report 2015.
21 chairmen and speakers who were governors, deputy governor, heads as well as senior financial sector supervisors and experts from international financial institutions participated as speakers who panelled the following sessions:
• Global Overview of the Islamic Financial Services Industry (IFSI): Trends and Policy Developments
• New Regulatory Developments and the Impact on the Islamic Financial Services Industry
• Role of the Core Principles for Islamic Finance in Enhancing Regulatory Consistency and Resilience of the Industry
• Enabling Framework for the Assessment of Regulatory and Supervisory Regimes, and
• Panel Discussion on "The New Silk Road: The Importance of Regulatory Cooperation for Cross-Border Integration"
The Gala Dinner Keynote was delivered by Dr. Hamed Hassan Merah, the Secretary-General of the Accounting and Auditing Organisation for Islamic Financial Institutions (AAOIFI) on the evening of 20 May 2015.
The 12th IFSB Summit was attended by more than 118 delegates from 25 countries comprising of senior officials from supervisory and regulatory bodies as well as representatives from international institutions, market players, accreditation, law firms, IT providers, insurance and Takāful, academia as well as other stakeholders of the Islamic financial services industry.