The IFSB and INCEIF Announce Confirmed Speakers for ‘Executive Forum on Creativity and Innovation in Islamic Financial Products’
Date posted: 24 July 2017
24 July 2017, Kuala Lumpur – The Islamic Financial Services Board (IFSB) and INCEIF - The Global University of Islamic Finance are pleased to announce the confirmed speakers for the Eleventh IFSB-INCEIF Executive Forum on Islamic Finance, themed, “Creativity and Innovation in Islamic Financial Products: Standardisation and Competitiveness” that will be held on 16 – 17 August 2017 at Sasana Kijang, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
The confirmed expert speakers in the Executive Forum include:
- Professor Dr. Syed Abdul Hamid Al-Junid, INCEIF
- Dr. Salman Syed Ali, Senior Research Economist, IRTI-IDB Group
- Mr. Owais Ansari, Member of the Board of FWU Group, Germany
- Mr. Mohammad Ridzuan Abdul Aziz, Chief Executive Officer, Sedania As Salam Capital, Malaysia
- Mr. Wan Norhaziki Wan Abdul Halim, Vice President and Head of Shariah, Asian Finance Bank
- Assoc. Prof. Ahcene Lahsasna, Vice President, Research and Publication, Malaysian Financial Planning Council
- Mr. Roslan Abdul Razak, Head of Project Development and Structuring, Perbadanan Waqf Nasional Berhad, Malaysia
- Dr. Younes Soualhi, Head of the Islamic Banking Unit, ISRA
The Executive Forum sessions will look at issues related to promoting both standardisation and healthy competition in the Islamic financial services industry, while at the same time exploring the potentials of Fintech in Islamic Finance, and the industry’s contribution to Financial Inclusion. The topics to be covered in the Executive Forum include:
- Overview of Islamic Banking Products – Principles and Parameters
- Consumer Financing Products – Strategies for Innovation
- Shari’ah Rules in Products Development: Branding, Ethics and Innovation
- Innovation in Takāful Avenue for the Industry’s Growth
- Fintech and Leveraging on the Industry’s Technological Advancements
- Panel Discussion on Innovation in Finance Products: Towards Standardisation and Competitiveness
This 11th IFSB-INCEIF Executive Forum aims to push the current boundaries and explore the capabilities of the Islamic finance industry to innovate and develop an array of products to satisfy different customer segments. It also aims to delve into, and draw upon, the market player's perspectives on product development and innovation in Islamic finance.
The Executive Forum targets participants from among the mid to senior-level management, who seek to sharpen their skills and deepen their knowledge of the industry’s driving factors, as well as broaden their cross-border perspectives. It is ideal for regulators and supervisors of the Islamic financial institutions, Chief Executive Officers, Board Members or senior management of the Islamic financial institutions, as well as product engineers and developers, product managers, senior management of Fintech companies, senior sales representatives, auditors, lawyers, advisers, academics and researchers in Islamic finance.
For further information and registration, do visit www.ifsb.org, or contact Mr. Ifran Tarmizi at firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Back to top